And the winner is…….
Klaviyo was definitely built with e-commerce in mind. It integrates with almost everything, including Shopify, Magento, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce, Volusion, and multiple types of sales, payment, and support software, just to name a few.
Here’s why they are awesome:
- Klaviyo collects and stores a ton of data on your users, and because of this, the list of options you have when it comes to segmenting your emails is rather extensive.
- Klaviyo builds a profile for each customer, tracking the products and categories they’ve looked at, email clicks and opens, and any other information you can gather. It also tracks the pages on your website that each user has hit, how often, and what they did while they were there.
- Emails and all other data that is collected comes into Klaviyo in real-time. All of the collected information can be used to create email segments based on whatever criteria you want. The more advanced marketer can even export these segments for use as a custom audience when building Facebook ads.
- Klaviyo comes with pre-built “best practice” emails such as welcome series, follow-up emails (such as win-back offers, requests for a product review, and friend referrals), and abandoned cart emails. Abandoned cart emails are an email or series of emails for those who made it to the first step in the checkout process but did not complete their order, reminding them of their items including pictures and a link back to your store to complete checkout.
- Personal product recommendations can also be added to any of your emails to increase email conversions.
- Klaviyo has a drag and drop email template builder and emails are mobile responsive. All of these pre-built emails can still be easily customized, but give you a really nice start in the right direction so you have less work to do on your own.
- They also offer A/B testing so you can continue to change various elements and test them to find out what works best.
- Klaviyo also has a smart sending feature to control how many emails a subscriber can receive in a given period of time, so no matter what emails you have set up, no one will get overloaded with mail from you.
- While Klaviyo does not offer a “forever free” version, they do offer their service for free up to 250 subscribers and your first 500 email sends (which could actually last you a while if you’re just starting out and haven’t built much of a fan-base yet). The free service does not include all of Klaviyo’s features, but does include the newsletter, A/B testing tools, integrations, segmentation, and the drag and drop responsive email creator.
- While most email service providers will charge you based on total number of subscribers even if you have duplicate subscribers in more than one list, Klaviyo never charges you twice for the same person if they’re in multiple lists. One email counts as one person.
Their paid accounts start at $25/month for 500 subscribers and increase from there the more subscribers you have.
Normally, you can only use double opt in if you have their $25/month plan, and they don’t offer the option for single opt in until you are in their more expensive plans, but for a limited time they are offering single and double on all paid plans.
They have great help docs and awesome support on the weekdays from 9-6 ET.
Because Klaviyo is so feature-packed, some may find it overwhelming and a little hard to use, but in my honest opinion, it’s not as difficult as it may seem once you get the hang of it, and the extensive amount of features designed specifically for e-commerce more than makes up for the learning curve.
So out of all of the email service providers I have researched, Klaviyo is the one I recommend for e-commerce, and we’ll be using them when we build out our store.